Initial enquiries regarding the use of Farm Street Church should be sent in writing to the Parish Administrator, 114 Mount Street, London W1K 3AH. Your letter of enquiry should contain your names and addresses with contact details and the proposed date (approximately) for the wedding. Please also state your religious affiliation and whether you have ever been married before.
In order to celebrate the Sacrament of Matrimony in the Catholic Church, at least one of you must be a Catholic. If you do not normally worship at Farm Street, please state the name of the parish where you normally attend Mass and give the reasons you wish to marry here.
Please remember that it is important to approach the church first before making your plans for a reception venue. No dates will be confirmed until you both meet with a priest from Farm Street.
The Parish Administrator will be in touch very soon after receiving your letter. Normally you should start making enquiries no less than six months before the proposed wedding date.
If you have a situation that you would prefer to discuss with a priest prior to writing, the Parish Administrator will be happy to arrange an appointment over the phone.
Please note you must not have a civil marriage (Registry Office) performed prior to the Church wedding unless by special arrangements with the church.
- A letter from your local parish priest confirming that he has no objection to you being married in this church.
- statutory_declaration_of_freedom for each party, notarised by a Commissioner for Oaths (Solicitor).
- A currently-dated baptismal certificate from the church where you were baptised.
- From your local Registry office: a certificate for each of you which permits you to be married. These must be applied for as soon as possible and not less than fifteen days before the wedding. The certificates must be given to the priest by law before the ceremony so please deliver them as soon as possible. It is absolutely essential that the certificates are presented since the wedding cannot take place without them. The Legal name of the church is “Farm Street Church”.
- A Marriage Course certificate (see below).
- A £50 cheque, addressed to WRCDT, for marriage paperwork that will involve the Chancery of the Archdiocese, such as a marriage between a Catholic and a non-Catholic Christian, or a non-baptised person, or a marriage ceremony outside the diocese. This is to cover administration costs for the Diocese of Westminster.
Your wedding should be the culmination of much prayer and reflection. Your priest will guide you in this process. To assist you in this, it is required that both of you attend a Couple’s Course in a parish near to you or at St Mary Moorfields near Liverpool St Station, Holy Apostles, Pimlico.
Order of Service
You may choose to have a Nuptial Mass, or a Wedding Service without the celebration of the Eucharist. Please consult with the priest helping you regarding this question.
There is a choice of readings and music to be made in either case.
The readings are listed in the respective Order of Service, so please click on one to view them.
All orders of service must be pre-approved by our Registrar prior to printing. Please forward the draft copy to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “Order of Service for [DATE]”
The music provided must be from our Parish musicians. The Director of Music is David Graham may be contacted by email at email@example.com. David is at the church every Sunday morning and most Saturdays so he will invite you to the church on a Saturday or Sunday morning for a personal discussion regarding the music.
Please contact the Director of Music at least four months before the date of your ceremony.
The fees are: Organ only £290; Organist & Soloist £495, Organist with Full Choir (9 professional singers, organist and choir director) £1,510. (These fees include the time you spend with the Director of Music discussing the music for your ceremony as well as rehearsals with the choir and/or soloist.)
The choir, choir director and organist are professional musicians, hence the fees they charge and any recording of their work is part of their professional status. If you wish to record the music at your wedding, you will need to comply with the law regarding Copyright, and Performers’ Rights.. Addtional fees are applicable.The Director of Music can give you more information.
Please note that only SACRED MUSIC can be used at weddings in our church.
The flower arrangements must be from our dedicated florist. Helen Aristidou and her team are responsible for all flower arrangements in the church. You may ring her on 0207 538 8484; or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Flower Shop, 9 Pepper Street, London E14 9RB.
You can employ any photographers, and they will be allowed only at designated places in the church. The use of video cameras is permitted with the same conditions and without additional lighting. The Director of Music will advise on additional charges when video cameras are used. The use of “drones” for any purpose is totally prohibited.
Under no circumstances is the use of confetti of any kind permitted either inside or outside the church.
We suggest an offering of around 10% of the total wedding cost, including the cost of the Reception, payable to “Farm Street Church”. If you are a UK tax-payer, this should be gift-aided (an envelope will be provided). This offering should be sent to the parish offices no later than one month before the Wedding date.
Should you require further assistance or clarification, please do not hesitate to ask. It is our wish to make your Wedding Day as memorable as possible.